mandag den 22. august 2016

Labyrinth of Jareth 2016


 Friday the 5th arrived and I met up with Ana and her mum at the Grove. We drove downtown and walked around for a while, gathering the last few things for the Jareth of Labyrinth Masquerade Ball that night. We went by Santee Alley in the fashion district and I was a bit stunned to have not read about it anywhere beforehand. It was pretty cool!


We took a long ass time getting ready at the hotel. I am quick at make-up, so I managed to make my face ready in 10 minutes - but I had spent over an hour making my Alphonse Mucha inspired halo. The others were taking their time too though, so it all worked out. 
Once we went across the street to the Biltmore Hotel, we stepped into a fairy tale. It was wild how quickly you felt transported - because absolutely everyone were wearing costumes.


My art nouveau outfit and Ana meeting a fellow GoT fan.
 

 We were actually celebrating Ana's birthday, and she had a great night (as did we). 
The venue was amazing! Massive, decorated rooms and so many beautiful people walking the halls everywhere. And every corner you turned, a performer was doing something great.


But the night drew to a close before we knew it.


We did however know our hunger. In al the glitz we had forgotten to think of it, so we rushed to L.A. Cafe to get some late-night food. And the night officially became my latest out while I've been in LA. 
We slept for a few hours back at the hotel and then went to breakfast at the Biltmore - I had talked to a guy while waiting to ask about lost items and he had given us his breakfast tickets. And then I went back to Zia's to sleep the whole day.


 We had only planned to go Friday, but managed to get admission for Saturday too. Biggest problem was of course what to wear. I put some more red into my dress to spice things up.


Second night was a bit of a blur. I quickly lost Ana and couldn't find her anywhere. Happily I ran into Naraku from ECG and Daniela from UCLA! So I had people to hang out with anyway and me and Daniela had a lot of fun dancing in the downstairs ballroom.


I filmed a lot during the two days because everything was so mesmerizing. It was a truly great experience.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar